Top 5 Best Golf Courses of Spain in 2017
June is a good time to plan this year’s holidays. And if the holiday, then, of course, preferably somewhere, where it is warm and sunny. Such a place is no doubt Spain, which is also famous for its fantastic golf courses at the highest world level. That is why today we present five top-rated Spanish objects of this kind.
Best Golf Courses of Spain
1. Real Club Valderrama – Located in Andalusia in the south of Spain, a few kilometers from Gibraltar. The climate is perfect for golf all year round. Their enthusiasm over the object is not able to hide the best professional players. The field is difficult – it requires precision and the right strategy. Designed in 1974, golfers are seduced by beautiful countryside and great infrastructure.
2. Finca Cortesín Golf Club – This Andalusian golf course is one of the longest in Europe (almost 7000 m). Its distinguishing feature is undoubtedly the area in which it is located. The facility has 18 holes and was designed by Cabell Robinson. During the game players and accompanying people can admire the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea and the nearby mountains.
3. Club de Golf La Reserva de Sotogrande – is a golf course located in Sotogrande, Andalusia. Opened in 2003, it is considered one of the best in Spain. Club installations are located in a typical Andalusian country house, which is a meeting point for club members and their friends.
4. Golf Son Gual – one of Majorcan golf courses, located near the capital of the island, Palms. Its origins date back to the 70s, when Adam Palmer, an industrial magnate, bought the area where he created the first truly professional golf course in Majorca.
5. PGA Catalunya Resort – a field that is considered one of the best in Europe, hosted many professional competitions. The object is considered beautiful and at the same time very difficult, with a large number of trees and ponds. Naturally, the terrain allowed to build a very interesting and demanding field full of secrets.