There’s nothing higher than the scent of a contemporary backyard rose. I don’t know why, however it looks like the roses I develop in my very own yard scent the very best to me. Don’t get me flawed – all roses scent nice! I really like when spring rolls round and my Joseph’s Coat rose begins blooming.
This rose bush has a number of totally different shades or roses (therefore the title – Joseph’s Coat of many colours).
A few of the roses are vibrant pink, others are gentle peach, and a few are even vibrant orange and pink! It’s actually lovely to see. I at all times have folks asking what rose that’s. It’s a disgrace once they begin to droop and the petals begin falling. It appears so wasteful.
That’s why I really like this recipe. Now it can save you these delicate, scrumptious smelling rose petals by including them to some diy potpourri.
In keeping with Google, the definition of potpourri is :
a combination of dried petals and spices positioned in a bowl or small sack to fragrance clothes or a room.
So there may be actually nothing to it! The sky is the restrict so far as add ins and smells. I’ll inform you how I made mine!
- 1 lemon
- 1 small orange
- contemporary rose petals
- important oils of your alternative. I used lemon and bergamot.
- baking sheet and parchment paper
- jar or bowl to carry your potpourri
- *non-obligatory : clear cellophane bag, ribbon, present tags and many others – if gifting!
- Acquire your elements. I gathered up some rose petals, thinly sliced a lemon, and tore up items of orange peel.
- Choice : You need to use cookie cutters to make shapes out of the peels. I made some star shapes! It’ll shrink up because it dries so maintain that in thoughts.
- Lay every little thing out in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 200 levels for two hours.
- All the things ought to come out dry. In case your fruit slices nonetheless really feel moist, then you may put them again in for a little bit longer.
- After they’re executed baking, easy switch them to a fairly bowl or mason jar and add in your scents. Permit them to dry once more for 24 hours.
- Combine it up. Odor. Mmmmmm. So good!
- When you really feel you want extra scent or want a refresher, you may merely add extra or spritz with a vital oil spray (simply important oils combined with a little bit water).
I actually can’t consider how simple this was to place collectively. Now I’m brainstorming all of the totally different scents and add ins I can use. (HINT: Have a look at common shops for inspiration!)
Listed here are some extra concepts for fillers :
- apple peels and slices
- star anise
- cinnamon sticks
- citrus peels and slices
- herbs like rosemary and bay leaves
- pine cones
- lavender buds
- Every kind of lovely flowers!
If you wish to present this, simply place in a mason jar and tie a present tag to it. Or put it in a transparent cellophane bag with a ribbon! Then you may actually let these elements shine.